Caregivers in Mooresville NC
As a family caregiver for your elderly parents it might feel shallow or even like a waste of time for you to spend a considerable amount of time pampering yourself or doing things to improve your appearance. You might think that any time you have should be dedicated to taking care of your loved ones and ensuring that their needs are met, or paying attention to the needs of your children and other obligations.
In reality, though, taking some time to take care of yourself and feel good about the way you look will boost your mental and emotional health, improve your confidence and overall perspective of the world around you, and increase your sense of maintaining your identity and self throughout your care journey. This will help you to feel better and be the very best “you” you can be in your caregiver role, parenting role, partnership role, and all of the other roles that you fill on a daily basis.
One fun way that you can give your mood a boost is with nail wraps. These decorative wraps adhere to the front of your nails to add color, patterns, and even some sparkle much more quickly and easily than if you tried to apply these techniques right to your nails. Purchasing these wraps, however, can be very expensive, and limits you to only the designs that are available. Making your own nail wraps allows you to create whatever design you desire and for much less than purchased versions.
What You’ll Need
- Plastic wrap
- Nail polish
- Orange stick
- Clear top coat
What to Do
• Spread the plastic wrap out on a table or other hard solid work surface
• Use whatever color nail polish you want to be the background of your nail wrap to draw the basic outline of a nail that is slightly larger than your own nail, making it thicker than you would on your nail
• Allow the background to dry for a minute or so before adding patterns, designs, stickers,
rhinestones, or other embellishments
• Paint your nails a solid color and allow them to dry
• Once your nails are dry, use the tweezers to lift the nail wrap up from the plastic, peeling carefully to remove it but not rip it
• Place the wrap carefully on your nail, positioning it so that the designs are where you want them to be
• Smooth the wrap onto your nail, applying pressure as you rub to adhere it to your nail
• Use the orange stick to cut away the excess. If the stick is not strong enough, use very sharp nail scissors to trim away the excess to shape the wrap to your nail
• Seal the wrap in place with a layer of clear top coat
Extra tip: Add little bits of flair to your nail look by making small shapes on the plastic wrap and adhering them as stickers rather than full-nail wraps.
If you or an aging loved one are considering caregivers in Mooresville, NC, contact Caring at Heart today. Our staff will answer all of your questions about caring for an aging adult. Serving Charlotte, Statesville, Ballantyne, Mooresville, Huntersville, Matthews, Concord, Gastonia, Pineville and Indian Trail. CALL TODAY (704) 837-4564.